In the last two MAVI conferences, the idea came up that – in continuation of the commitment of distinguished Professors Günter Törner and Erkki Pehkonen – academic activities within the MAVI group could be coordinated by a Board so that a continuous planning and coordination is enabled including next conferences. At the first digital MAVI conference (DIMAVI) held by the Bremen University in 2020, this idea has been realized and four academics from four different universities in three different countries have been named for the MAVI Board:
University of Eastern Piedmont (Italy)
University of Education Freiburg (Germany)
Edith Cowan University (Australia)
Benjamin Rott (outgoing)
University of Cologne (Germany)
Andreas Ebbelind (incoming)
Linnaeus University (Sweden)
They agreed to meet on a regular basis for coordination issues. Namely, the MAVI Board:
● Supports LOCs on MAVI conference related issues, so that MAVI host universities can be assisted in recurrent, organizational issues as well as conference design concerning the MAVI meetings.
● Assists on to coordinate the publication of MAVI proceedings. In the past, each host university had to untangle things with potential publishers. The board would want to find an established publisher so that these issues do not have to be re-negotiated every year.
● Supports the whole community in trying to fulfil a linking function and be a contact point for any suggestions that they wish a to bring into discussions within the MAVI group.
● Looks ahead in the medium-term planning of future conferences, and encourages new hosts and partners for future meetings.
● Thematic coordination in the MAVI spirit, specifically beyond single studies and rather in the direction of collaborations with regard to theoretical and empirical issues concerning mathematics-related affect. Namely, to find a balance between new perspectives/emerging ideas from one side, but from the other side respecting MAVI’s traditions and identity.
For any query or comments/suggestions feel free to contact to the MAVI board at:
The website is maintained by Marcel Klinger and Joyce Peters-Dasdemir. Please contact us if you want to give hints for the website, or if you need webmaster’s services.
E-mail addresses are firstname.lastname@example.org